Health & Safety Information
The COVID-19 Virus is putting our world through unprecedented times. Each day seems to present new challenges that we must overcome together. Bonaire is working hard to navigate these uncharted waters in order to ensure that every person on our beautiful island is safe and healthy. We are implementing all necessary safety precautions and protocols in order to welcome our guests. All visitors traveling to Bonaire will need to complete and sign a health declaration, this can be downloaded here.
While the world is changing around us to adapt to the challenges that COVID-19 presents, there are some things on Bonaire that remained the same, such as our dedication to protecting nature. We continue our practices to protect our coral reefs, beaches, marine and land wildlife. Bonaire will continue to be a world leader in sustainable growth as we champion being the world’s first Blue Destination. Becoming a Blue Destination is aligned with Bonaire's culture, history, and the heritage of people who have embraced and protected the ocean. Bonaire’s beauty awaits you. Stay safe and healthy! We hope to see you soon on Bonaire!
Click here for the Bonaire Protocol for visiting guests.
For current updates and information on COVID-19 visit: www.bonairecrisis.com
- Travelers must fill in the Health Declaration 48 hours prior to departure via www.bonairepublichealth.org and will need to be able to present it in hardcopy or digitally.
- Travelers from Aruba, Curacao and Sint Maarten have a mandatory stay-in quarantine under the conditions stated by the Governor.
- Travelers 13 years and older who depart from the list of the European countries allowed to enter Bonaire; have a mandatory stay-in quarantine. Unless they did a PCR test 72 hours prior to departure which they can present a negative result for. The countries on the list are Netherlands, Germany, France, Switzerland and Belgium.
- All costs and risks associated with the stay-in at the location for quarantine, shall be taken into account of the person or legal representative in the event that the person traveling to Bonaire is incapacitated, unless the person is exempt from the costs under the policy of the Governor.
- Travelers from Saba and St. Eustatius can travel freely to Bonaire and are exempt from quarantine.
- These rules apply for entry to Bonaire via airspace and territorial waters of Bonaire.
Click on a partners name to read their Health & Safety Protocol:
Bonaire Bird Tours
Bonaire Hotel and Tourism Association (BONHATA)
Bonaire International Airport (BIA)
Buddy Dive Resort
Coral Casino Bonaire
Courtyard by Marriott
Dive Friends Bonaire
Divi Flamingo Beach Resort
Divi Flamingo Casino
Fundashon Mariadal (Hospital)
It Rains Fishes
Sand Dollar Condominiums
Visit our Bonaire Awaits page for Local Recipes, Learn Papiamentu, watch our Virtual Vacation Series and More!